my blogs, my way, my life..

who i am reflects pretty much on how i present my blogs to the world. read on and listen to that little voice whispering to your ear - bienvenue!

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Education of Little Tree

I was at work today, and since it's a Wednesday.. 8TV calls it PopCorn Wednesday. They showed this movie called The Education of Little Tree. It's a movie about an Indian boy learning stuffs about ways of living from his grandparents. I didn't watch it from the beginning cos' I thought it's one of those boring movies around until I sat down quietly.. eating McD's watching until the end of the movie. It's simply touching, and it actually made me think about how lucky I am compared to Little Tree. Little Tree is the boys' name by the way

There's this part where people from the city came to take Little Tree away from his grandparents because they didn't put him to school. Worse still, they can't do anything about it but to watch them take Little Tree away from them. Little Tree is an Indian and so when he reached the school in the city, he's given a new name. An American name; Joshua. But Little Tree didn't like it.

There was this line, which I think is very commonly used in other movies but I still find it very meaningful. Little Tree's grandmother told him that, "no matter where he goes and if ever he needs talking to them, all he need to do is to look up the stars in the sky and they will know, for they will be looking at the same stars up in the sky."

Watching Little Tree made me realise how much my parents love me.. and how they worked so hard for me to have what I want. There are too much to say if I were to compare what I have with Little Tree because he has nothing.. and I have more than what I should have. I really feel like giving both my parents a big hug, and thank them for everything. But somehow I feel shy. Maybe because I have not been a good son to them lately for going out late at night and not helping them out with houseworks instead, I spend money like no one else did. Maybe one day I should bring them out for a good dinner, just with them :)

I love you Dad and Mom.. and my sister and brother. I love you guys and thanks for everything *hugs*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home