my blogs, my way, my life..

who i am reflects pretty much on how i present my blogs to the world. read on and listen to that little voice whispering to your ear - bienvenue!

Monday, May 29, 2006

The Sequel Of Teeth And Tooth

A credit must be given to Audrey for this entry. Hehe

Iris told me about the difference between teeth and tooth blogged by her friend the other day. So, I decided to blog about it. I asked Deni. Why do they call it toothbrush and not teethbrush? He answered me an unexpected answer. It goes something like this, yo, check it out muahaha:-

"sounds better? its only big enough to clean one at a time, that's why we must move in back n forth" - err.. so it came across my mind, why is it not upwards and downwards? cos dentist always say the right way to brush our teeth is to go up and down instead of back and forth?

*x-files music playing.. deng deng deng~*

Then I asked Jing. Mr. Paul Jing. His answer is the most satisfying. Here's how he answered:-

- l i n k i n 5 - mom nowadays.. playing psp wor says:
whats the difference between tooth and teeth?
Jing says:
tooth is for one
Jing says:
teeth is more than one
Jing says:
I pulled out one tooth today.. you can't say I pulled out one teeth today
Jing says:
and you say, I pulled out 3 teeth today... you can't say I pulled out 3 tooths today
- l i n k i n 5 - mom nowadays.. playing psp wor says:
okay then why is it toothbrush and and teethbrush? toothpaste and not teethpaste?
Jing says:
because the brush can be used to brush one tooth and also all teeth
Jing says:
if you say teethbrush, that means your brush can only brush more than one tooth
Jing says:
which makes your brush big and it won't be able to reach into difficult spots

There you go. Good answers!

2 Comments:

Blogger PoSHDeViL said...

HahAHa... U got Smart friends... unlike my friends..ahahahaha....

5:48 PM  
Blogger katabana said...

wah cannot "1 cane stick sink whole poseidon" leh... you never ask me..... =.='''

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home